Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Adobe Reader alternative



Sumatra PDF Viewer

    Replace the bloated Adobe Reader with this super slim PDF reader.  Fully portable it doesn't write to your registry, but you can set it to automatically open PDF files just like Adobe Reader.  Only 1.2MB!
   It is it has kind of ugly icons, but my computers start faster without Adobe repopulating itself in my startup list every time I remove it!
    One thing I have noticed is that it does not seem to integrate itself into my Chrome browser.  To open a PDF without downloading it I need to switch to Firefox.
    I have found Sumatra PDF Viewer to be a better, more stable Adobe Reader replacement than the more common Foxit PDF Reader.  I will only recommend software that I use!



Sumatra Screenshot


Adobe Screenshot

Sumatra Authors site;

http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/index.html

Ammonia Absorption Icemaker article (PDF);

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/P13.pdf


                              

No comments:

Post a Comment